Wednesday, October 17, 2012

STELLA MEGHIE: WHISKEY SESSIONS (Week 2)

Screenwriter Stella Meghie, forced to blog, gives some insight into the workflow of the past week:

It is officially week two which means it's time to take stock of what's actually been accomplished during week one apart from our lively evening whiskey sessions. There's an early panic as I read through a new draft of You Ain't Hip to Baby which leads to a panic that I don't really have time to write a blog post, but a friendly reminder from Colony Director Ben Robbins has gotten me here.

It's amazing what you can accomplish with no phone reception and a few talented writers to go back and forth with on your ideas. I think I've made some major strides forward. I can hope. On Friday things shifted from cobbled writing sessions to the arrival of the mentors for the weekend. I switched gears to discuss Jean of the Joneses. I can't tell you how much I appreciated my mentor (and our bike ride we struggled to finish). Her notes gave me a big push to reach my goal of polishing a script I've been working on the past four years.

Here's a photo of fellow colonist Silka Luisa taking a photo at sunset at a nearby beach this past weekend.

- Stella Meghie
Silka at Sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment